Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Dear July: 1

Dear July,

You definitely have snuck up on me. Looking back a year ago, things were very different. I was living at home, still unemployed 2 months after graduation and feeling slightly depressed about my current situation. Flash forward and now I've been in New York for almost two months and when I went back to Rhode Island for Pride it had a completely different feel to it. I've been living with some friends and just enjoying the freedom that comes with having a job and being responsible for myself. Every day I wake up happy to start the day and be able to help people at my job in any small way. So even though it is easy to be inundated by negative thoughts, like how this job is temporary and therefore this might be a temporary move, I refuse to be bogged down by these thoughts. I'm just excited for what's to come. Let's take it one day at a time.

Sincerely,
Betty :]


Currently Reading:
Submarine by Joe Dunthorne

Currently listening to:
Mumford & Sons
City & Colour


*Inspired by the lovely Emily Diana Ruth's project on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdA_ymySH28

No comments:

Post a Comment