Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dear July: 13

Dear July,

Word of the day: family. I stayed at my cousin's last night. I watched all of Season 2 of Orange is the New Black which is what I had wanted to do since its release so it was great. The only part that sucked is that I finished at 7:45am and we had plans to leave to go to the pool at 8:00. Ah! I woke up at 8:50am; one hour of sleep that felt like a five minute nap and groggily put on clothes and helped my aunt with last minute bag preparing and such. Then off me, her and my cousin were to take a bus to New Jersey to meet with my other aunt, uncle and cousins and from there to go to the pool. Today was quite an adventure as you can see. So we get to the stop at NJ and less than five minutes later, my uncle picks us up, we go to his house, grab the last bags and off we go! The three girls (me and my two younger cousins) were in one car which was perfect because we blasted Spanish music the entire way and just got super pumped up! Forty minutes later, we arrived at our destination. The pool was super nice and there was not that many people since it is a Sunday and there had been rain in the weather forecast. Lucky us, it didn't rain at all! I don't know where my body got the energy but after some food in to the water we all went and it was a blast! I love the water. I can't exactly swim except under the water but that is my favorite thing to just go under and see how long I can hold my breath and just swim around and enjoy the unique experience. I could go on about water for a while I'm sure but I'm exhausted and so excited to sleep. SO to sum up the day, it was wonderful and just what I needed after those two days of dark thoughts this week. Today is also the last day of body confidence week 2014 and it was a lovely experience once again. It is great to be able connect with people in such a positive way and this second time I definitely tried my best to be in the tag a lot and just interacting and hopefully giving people a nice little boost, which was what I did in January. This time it was different in that I feel so much more confident in my skin and happy with who I am so it is great to be able to help others begin to feel that way.

 Lastly, on the taxi ride home, Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z ft. Alicia Keys (of course) was playing which I thought was just perfect. So that's the song of the day Now time to sleep oh so well!

Sincerely,
Betty :D

No comments:

Post a Comment