Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Dear July :8

Dear July,

Today has been quite busy at work. I went outside on my lunch break and it's quite warm in NYC today. It's finally starting to feel like summer.

I've had some internet things on my mind since last night, mainly this obsession with Youtube celebrity culture since it's been mentioned a lot since Vidcon happened. Youtube is something I care a lot about and I've made some lovely friends because of it. So while I know about how big it's becoming in certain aspects, I still like my little corner of Youtube, where I get to talk to my friends from all over the world and just gush about books and music and media in general. I think it's easy to let the hype affect you because you see the numbers and some deep part of all of us wants more views but I think I've met the right kind of people that care more about the community they're building and the connections being made.

One of the reasons I'm happy to be so connected on all social media is because I feel like so much is happening on the interwebs just this week! Today, Landline by Rainbow Rowell comes out and so did Four by Veronica Roth! Woo book birthdays! I am planning on going to the event at Barnes and Noble and hope to meet Lady Rainbow which will be great after all this talking on twitter.

Something else happening on the interwebs just today: Queen JK Rowling released a story as Rita Skeeter of the characters we know and love all grown up at the Quidditch World Cup. I read it and smiled the entire time. It's great to see a little more from the wizarding world!

Lastly, this week is Body Confidence Week 2.0! All of the positive posts are my favorite. Starting off the year with this project gave me such a boost in January so it's great that it's back half way through the year. Feel free to join on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and use the #bodyconfidenceweek2014

Song of the day:
If I Had The Nerve by Ally Rhodes 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8fwSkRTZsg&list=FLa0ociprc-Nh6pA0WKfn1MA&feature=share&index=11

Sincerely,
Betty :]

No comments:

Post a Comment