Thursday, July 24, 2014

Dear July: 24

Dear July,

There's a week left of you which is bananas. This summer is just flying by and I simultaneously feel like I've done a lot and nothing at all. It's a weird dichotomy.

My aunt is back today so when I get back to her apartment her and my cousin will be there once again. These past three weeks have been a weird/fun experiment in what it would be like to live alone and I've decided I'd rather have roommates.  This is how I think about it; I think it's more motivational to live with people that are doing something just like me because then I want to get up and go to work in the morning and when I get home there's someone there to talk to and watch tv and just relax. Friendssss.

I was talking to my boss at the beginning of the day and she's trying to get me to keep working here so that's exciting and makes some of the stress go away. I have started to apply to some jobs as a back up, of course but it's great to have like a little corner at work that's rooting for me to get a job here as well.

Side note: I know the #UnderHypedReads readathon is going on this week and I am taking it so relaxed compared to the madness of reading I tried to do during the Booktubeathon. It's good stuff. I finished Chopsticks quickly last night since it's a picture story and woah was it interesting. I did not expect the ending.

I picked up The Treatment by Suzanne Young right after and I'm excited to jump back into the world of The Program. It's a world where"true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her (Sloane, the main character) in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories." (Goodreads)

So I can't wait to finish this duology and see where it ends. Hope you're having a good day

Currently on repeat: Affected by Meghan Tonjes ft. Tessa Violet

Sincerely,

Betty :]

No comments:

Post a Comment